Are you working in media sales across digital and print formats and seeking a role with more flexibility for home based working, and the option to attend a Newmarket based office when it suits you?
We’re working with a marketing leading specialist publisher currently sourcing an Account Manager, to support some of their key accounts. Managing their day-to-day needs, any issues, requests, whilst also trying to grow and develop their commitments and results. They have a whole range of products such as; magazines, data services, e-newsletters, banner advertising, email marketing and branded content so there would be a lot to learn, and the role would suit somebody incredibly organised, and great people skills. Please note this role will not be selling new business, purely managing and growing current accounts.
They take a very relaxed approach to flexible working, some employees like to work in office a couple of days a week while others perhaps just 1. Time within would be ideal but there’s no pressure on exact amounts other than for sales meetings, it can be flexible on each person. Though when training more time in may be required.
On a daily basis the Account Manager will be:
- Study and understand all facets of the media solutions products and services being offered
- Train in various sales tactics and approaches approved by the company
- Services the needs of potential new accounts as delivered by marketing dept and Sales Director
- Maintain excellent relationships with designated client portfolio
- Hone and deliver a skilled pitch to potential clients, either by phone or in person, in an effort to successfully fulfil need and secure business
- Understands and explains the make-up, distribution and value of an audience to a vendor portfolio
- Detail pricing and negotiates costs when necessary
- Facilitate successful sales by collecting client information and providing order information to the company through appropriate channels
- Maintains company CRM records; updating as required with data and call records
- Work with the Client Success and Editorial teams to ensure that campaigns are delivered accurately and on time
- Work to maximise sales and meet quotas in the short and long term
- Responsible for regular forecasting and reporting to Sales Director
Applicants must have a minimum of 2 years media related sales experience with a proven background selling digital solutions, as given the nature of the role candidates will be expected to hit the ground running.
Due to the flexible nature of the position, the successful candidate will most likely be based outside of Cambridge in Suffolk, Norfolk, Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire. If this sounds like an opportunity that could suit your lifestyle please do let us know.
Zero Surplus is East Anglia’s premier media sales recruitment specialist. Based in Cambridge, we source staff for small and international businesses across the East of England.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images. If you don’t have an up to date CV please just give us a ring for a confidential chat via the number on our website.