We’re working exclusively with a British electronics business seeking a new role for a UK home-based Regional Sales Manager to head up discussions with brands and companies across the UK and the North of Europe that require their inertial sensor technology.
This is a highly technical position, so any applicants must have an electronic engineering degree and extensive experience selling inertial sensors such as gyroscopes and accelerometers into the Defence sector. The products you would be responsible for are both ‘plug and play’, and components that require being designed and engineered into projects. This role will be a key link between both sets of engineers, and as a result must be incredibly competent at an advanced level of technical understanding.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Develop sales strategies and initiatives in order to achieve growth, maximize sales revenue and profitability.
- Develop key accounts directly, as well as manage and develop channel partners.
- Provide input to Product Marketing, Engineering and Operations teams to help direct the development of new products that reflect market trends and customer needs.
- Provide accurate sales forecasting for budget planning to the VP Sales and Marketing.
- Undertake marketing responsibilities locally in UK & Europe, in collaboration with their factory marketing team, to propose and help manage key activities to build the
- Provide accurate reporting of all sales activities through their CRM
- Technical Sales experience in the defence sector
- Electronic engineering degree
- Proven sales track record, delivering outstanding results in prior positions in a high-tech product environment.
- Capacity to build creative sales plans and sales initiatives, capable of having a long-term vision of the business.
- Proven track record in business development, in particular gaining new business in large accounts from scratch.
- Good negotiator with excellent customer relation skills.
- Good English oral and written communication skills.
If this all sounds exciting and hasn’t scared you off then please send us the latest copy of your CV through and if you have the right background, we would be more than happy to explain more over the phone and by email.
Zero Surplus is East Anglia’s premier sales recruitment specialist, based just outside Cambridge we source business development staff for small and international technology & aerospace businesses across the East of England & UK.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV please just give us a ring for a confidential chat via the number on our website, however please note we will not be able to provide full details without confirming your identity.