We are working with an industry leader in the engineering sector currently on the lookout for a Sales Manager to head up their new sub-contracting division, as they embark on a new venture selling metal fabrication, machining, and electro-mechanical assembly services across the UK.
Candidates must have experience in a similar role for a sub-contractor in this sector, either as a BDM, Sales Engineer or Sales Manager. It’s also essential that you can estimate and quote from engineered drawings.
Here’s the key duties of the role:
- Researching and analysing the UK market for subcontract manufacturing to identify the biggest opportunities for our in-house capability.
- Select and target the highest potential prospects.
- Initiate and develop relationships with key people within target customers.
- Generate enquiries, organise quotations and relentlessly pursue the order.
- Work with the Group Marketing Manager on digital marketing: website, LinkedIn and mailshots.
- Attend, exhibit and maximise the opportunity at suitable trade shows.
- Travel the UK to meet customers as required.
- Generate and host customer visits to our manufacturing facility.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the UK subcontract manufacturing market.
- An understanding of key engineering processes e.g. machining and welding.
- The ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- Self-motivated, high-energy sales hunter with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to initiate and nurture business relationships.
- Well-presented, highly organised, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player. Must be good at working with other departments to give the customers the response they need as quickly as possible.
- The ability to cost machining and/or fabrication jobs.
Reporting to the Manging Director for this division, which is headquartered in just South of Cambridge, the successful Sales Manager will take responsibility for revenue for the defined vertical market and growing an existing client portfolio from start up.
Candidates must be happy working in a stand- alone, strategic and hands on position driving this new venture from the front. This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate seeking to further their career in industrial manufacturing or engineering sales, to take a role at a successful and growing business offering fantastic benefits and career opportunities. Candidates Without extensive experience selling sub-contract manufacturing services will not be considered.
Due to the location of this role, candidates will ideally be located within a couple of hours drive of Cambridge in areas such as Peterborough, Norwich, Ipswich, Chelmsford, Milton Keynes, Stevenage or Bedford. The role offers hybrid working, with ideally 2 days minimum in the office given the hands-on nature of the role.
Zero Surplus is East Anglia’s premier sales engineering recruitment specialist, based just outside Cambridge we source business development staff for small and international industrial & technical businesses across Essex and the East of England.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role. If you don’t have a up to date CV please just give us a ring for a confidential chat via the number on our website.