When we say the word ‘Space’ as a sector to sell to, we need to find the people that think ‘this as a challenge, exciting and something that I already have experience in’. We need to get this opportunity in front of people whose reality & career is selling to brands that build products that are literally ‘out of this world’. We need to attract people whose day-to-day job is approaching and discussing technical solutions with companies that build products capable of going into orbit be that in defence, space or aerospace, and want to continue that path at a company making great waves across Europe with their technology. If the word space doesn’t scare you, then it’s worth taking a further read of this advert and potentially getting in touch.
We’re working exclusively with a European business seeking a new role for a UK home-based Senior Level Technical Sales Manager to head up discussions with brands and companies across the UK and the North of Europe that require their technology. They already have agreements in place with some of the sectors biggest players, and are now looking to take their market position further.
This is a highly technical position, so any applicants must either have a related electronic engineering degree of have extensive experience selling in similar sectors. The products you would be responsible for are both ‘plug and play’, and components that require being designed and engineered into projects. This role will be a key link between both sets of engineers, and as a result must be incredibly competent at an advanced level of technical understanding.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Develop sales strategies and initiatives in order to achieve growth, maximize sales revenue and profitability.
- Develop key accounts directly, as well as manage and develop channel partners.
- Provide input to Product Marketing, Engineering and Operations teams to help direct the development of new products that reflect market trends and customer needs.
- Provide accurate sales forecasting for budget planning to the VP Sales and Marketing.
- Undertake marketing responsibilities locally in UK & Europe, in collaboration with their factory marketing team, to propose and help manage key activities to build the
- Provide accurate reporting of all sales activities through their CRM
- Technical Sales experience in the defence, aero or space market preferred
- Technical Sales experience in high-tech component sales will be an advantage. With an Electronic engineering degree preferred
- Proven sales track record, delivering outstanding results in prior positions in a high-tech product environment.
- Capacity to build creative sales plans and sales initiatives, capable of having a long term vision of the business.
- Proven track record in business development, in particular gaining new business in large accounts from scratch.
- Good negotiator with excellent customer relation skills.
- Good English oral and written communication skills.
If this all sounds exciting and hasn’t scared you off then please send us the latest copy of your CV through and if you have the right background, we would be more than happy to explain more over the phone and by email.
Zero Surplus is East Anglia’s premier sales recruitment specialist, based just outside Cambridge we source business development staff for small and international technology & aerospace businesses across the East of England & UK.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV please just give us a ring for a confidential chat via the number on our website, however please note we will not be able to provide full details without confirming your identity.