We’re working with a marketing leading manufacturer in the construction and engineering sector, as they seek an experienced B2B Sales Executive to join the team. Ideally candidates will have a technical sales background and experience within the construction, engineering, marine, manufacturing sectors, though candidates with confident sales ability and no technical sales experience will also be considered.
The roles are hybrid inbound/outbound but as the business is so established and a market leader in their field, for the first 3 – 6 months any outbound work is likely going to be to previous customers and warm as opposed to cold, and there’s every chance you could only be working on the inbound side for the majority of the time. This said they do encourage staff to get out and meet clients in person once established within the business, and pool cars are available for this.
The role would be office based for the first 6 months as due to the learning curve with the products and the technical nature of what they do it’s essential you’re amongst the team whilst working. However some hybrid working can be considered post successful completion of probation, should this be desirable longer term.
Sales Executive Responsibilities Include
- Managing inbound enquiries and customer visits
- Dealing directly with customers delivering exceptional 5* customer service
- Ensuring their CRM system is updated to track leads/pipeline
- Key Account management, to maintain relationships and drive repeat business
- Outbound warm calling to potential new customers and occasional proactive research to seek out potential new customers
- Continuing industry research to improve technical capability
- Attending events and suppliers
Required Skills & Experience:
- You’ll be tenacious & hungry attitude to sales
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to organise and deliver results
- Clear and confident telephone manner with Inquisitive and positive nature
- Excellent numerical skills
- Confident using Microsoft 365 Office software and experience working with CRM platforms
- 3 Years B2B sales experience preferred
- A confident and pro-active nature, so you’ll be always looking for Solutions and ways to improve
- You’ll be Self Motivated and have a passion to go beyond Expectation
This is a fantastic opportunity with considerable earning potential for a motivated and proactive salesperson. Due to the location of the offices, this position will be suitable for those commuting from areas such as Welwyn Garden City, Hitchin, Luton, Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Aylesbury, Hertford, London, Watford, Elstree, Harpenden or Letchworth.
Zero Surplus is East Anglia’s premier commercial recruitment specialist, based just outside Cambridge we source commercial staff for small and international businesses across Essex and the East of England.
For registration purposes please could you let us know where you are currently based or which locations you are considering as well as your required salary and notice period.
Please upload a Microsoft Word version of your CV where possible, excluding textboxes or images, as this can affect the consultant’s job matching process and therefore your details may not be picked up for a role. If you don’t have a up to date CV please just give us a ring for a confidential chat via the number on our website.